It seems that the sands of summer time are slipping past, and I honestly wish that we had a beach vacation to look forward to, then I remember the heat. It has been so easy to get distracted from my creative pursuits, but I find that I am really enjoying the moments of summer. So while this may seem a bit of a jumble of a post, that's kind of how my mind has been wandering this summer.
- I am loving the fresh produce and farmers markets. So many favorites, but what I most enjoy is the fact that the heat in the kitchen is so limited. Lots of salads, salsas and fruit.
- Pinterest has become my new web addiction. I really have no idea how to explain it. Check it out. It has been SO very interesting to see the images that I like enough to 'pin' together in a group. It has me questioning myself a lot. If this is the look that I what for the house, why am I not taking action towards it? Oh, it can be dangerous alright. It sucks your time as you browse images to add to your boards, all the while creating major to-do lists for projects that you want to get started.
- This book has also been great inspiration for projects around the house. I am dreaming of gallons and gallons of white paint, now if my shoulder would just cooperate.
- Speaking of books, I just finished reading the Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love, laugh out loud and die of shock at times. Gosh, maybe I am a bit prudish, but my friends know the heart of me is fun, and I have been invited to join a local chapter of the Sweet Potato Queens called the Texoma Art Tarts. I have opted to forgo the crown and be a bit more comfortable in the wings as a 'wannabe' or a bon bon as we are called here. Fun and adventure awaits! And bling, oh how they love their bling! I need to get my bling on, so outta my comfort zone.
- This quilt has been in the works for a couple of months.
- I don't like blue that much.
- I don't like monochromatic quilts.
- I was happy to follow the cutting directions to try and eat the excess blue fabric in my stash.
- I failed to register the dimensions of the 'lap' quilt. Um, way bigger than needed for a small someone in a wheelchair. But hey, that fabric is not going back in my stash!
- It has been pieced and then downsized to something that will fit better, and is currently basted and ready to quilt.
- I will be making another quilt from the rows that I removed, and it'll have to be quick because I don't want to see any blue fabric for awhile.
So that's my ramble. I have missed posting, but this bulletin format may work better for me this summer, whatever it takes.
Have a great day!